There is never a dull moment in the retirement plan marketplace, and the new year promises for more innovation, updates and change. Here are five retirement plan topics you can count on to create buzz in 2017:
1. Financial wellness — the next iteration. While employers have started the process, best practices are evolving. Discover four keys to implementing a financial wellness strategy that works.
2. Managed accounts/advice to participants — seeking engagement. We see the need for more engagement and less cost from these products. Find out why half of managed account users don’t provide requisite information.
3. State-run plans — launch sequence initiated, but will it fly? Oregon state’s pilot, the first in the U.S., launches in July. But what does this mean for existing plans? If employers with plans have a wait period greater than 90 days, they may be subject to the state plan required entry.
4. ESG investing — green investing inside plans. Could fiduciary standards be lowered to encourage Environmental Social Governance (ESG) investing?
5. Retirement readiness trackers — more data collection and digital innovation forthcoming. Learn how competition is driving a DC plan provider digital information boom.